*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:25:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN MapPack 3.0 testing feedback  (Read 12720 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« on: September 01, 2004, 03:27:07 pm »

Hey folks. You can now download the current test release of the proposed *DAMN Mappack 3.0 from here  However this is being hosted on one of my work servers and bandwith isn't free so for clans and the community in general please try and share copies between you to limit the need for everyone to download a copy of the server! If to many people use this and the bandwidth is used up i'll have to cut it off! ... we've got 4,000MB though so we should be ok! Cheesy

Please use this thread to post feedback, comments, reports of bugs and glitches or areas that you feel need modification or alteration so that Saberian or Shade may hopfully address the problems!

Thanks

BFG
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 06:00:48 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
waterproof

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 10:38:11 pm »

Just so you know..The link dosent work!!!!!!

See ya man..

**Its not only a game its a fucking adventure**
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 11:34:50 pm »

A little feedback on the mappack guys.  I have created the mappack to be standalone for WZ.  That means that for now you dont have to have the mappack 1.5 to run the game with Warzone.  The reason I did that is because some computer cannot handle having 3 mappacks to load up at this time and because of the extensive graphics of this mappack I wanted to make sure that it was playable for testing, at least for now.  So when you play the game you dont have to have the mappack 1.5 on when hosting.  It does run much faster.

Another note on this is the fact that  I would RECOMMEND that you not have your graphics turned up all the way in Ghost Recon.  Even with the G5 it can present lagg in online games, but by putting all to medium or lower you will get smashing results for framerate.  Just an FYI. With a G4 dual 867 64mb graphics card I was getting 30-61fps on Villa with some beautiful SS while moving in the game.  

One last note is that if you do not like the sounds let us know.  And for the time being to get rid of the sounds all ya have to do is trash the sounds folder for now.  That way you can play the game unhindered at this time.

Have fun and definitely leave feedback here if there is any issues.  I will be spending some time with this making sure that it is ready for use BEFOREHAND.  Thanks again.

BTW the link dosent allow me to download either =(

Saberian
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 11:39:11 pm by Saberian 3000 » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 11:42:41 pm »

thanks for the heads up proof - something weird has happend! (typical!)

im working on it.  Angry

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 11:44:45 pm »

maybe the bandwidth/traffic limit has been reached?

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 11:52:53 pm »

The reason I did that is because some computer cannot handle having 3 mappacks to load up at this time and because of the extensive graphics of this mappack I wanted to make sure that it was playable for testing, at least for now.  So when you play the game you dont have to have the mappack 1.5 on when hosting.  It does run much faster.

OK, I'd just like to put up this suggestion again, and that is that we remove the *DBL map pack 1.5 for regular CB usage.  For the reason stated above, mostly lag issues.  If you play a CQB then you can activate the *DBL map pack 1.5 since most of the maps in there are CQB maps and were never designed for large cb usage.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 11:54:09 pm »

Ok the link is now working again! Sorry for the cock up should work fine - just right click the link and download file to disk etc...  

the file is heavily compressed and it could take about 10/12 minutes to uncompress so don't freak!

Scrach

Microsoft sux

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 08:43:12 pm »

Um actually the link doesn't seem to be working... for me at least.

Hope you get it fixed.

From Robin Williams Live on Brodway:
When did you realize that you were creating a monopoly?
Gates:Monopoly is just a game senitor. I am trying to crontrol the whole fucking world.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 09:13:43 pm »

Of the 4GB Of bandwith i have a month on that server you guys downloading the mappack have eaten something like 3.5GB .. ive had to cut it off sorry, at least 50 odd more people have it - please spread it out and pass it on where u can, i'll open the dl back up again next month!

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 11:30:30 pm »

Po)| 80 Proof has been so kind as to lend some of his .mac account to us for distributing the map pack.  You can find it here

Fixed the link [bfg]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 12:39:11 am by :MoD: BFG » Logged

Saberian 3000

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 11:13:59 pm »

Srry about the issue of the link guys.  This new link here you can download the mappack for testing.

http://www.geocities.com/haloweenie//mod-downloads.html

Thanks again guys for the testing of this mappack and remember that if you are experiencing lagg on this mappack to disable the DAMN BL mappack 1.5 while testing it out.  Thanks

Saberian

Vir2L:SOG
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 03:44:42 am »

I have played the "Villa_BIG MAP" that is in the mappack about 8 months ago, except its name was called Cartel.  It had the same exact alpha channel issues so it seems to me there wasnt an update except for the change of name.  Did the author of the map change the name or someone in the mac community?
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 08:21:21 am »

hmmmm

As far as I know it is still called Cartel.

I did a little research on it.  The map maker is Tof. He re-released the map in May along with Traffic Columbia.  The updated release of the maps have reduced poly counts so they are somewhat playable now.  

Check these links .......
TOF's Website
Check here for more info.

Im just kinda confused as to why the name changed to Villa when it was put into the DBL 3.  I didn't see any credits for it in the READ ME.

Bueller?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 12:10:04 pm »

Hi BFG, Sab,

any news from Aspyr yet?

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 08:50:34 pm »

Im just kinda confused as to why the name changed to Villa when it was put into the DBL 3.  I didn't see any credits for it in the READ ME.

nevermind i got it all figured out, the author did change the name.......  move along.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2004, 01:11:20 am »

hey mauti, not sure... would have to check with sab i let him know u were enquiring.....

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 09:00:01 am »

persoanly I dont realy like these maps myself... cant we find some better/cooler ones then this in the pc world to convert over.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 12:17:07 am »

Well harvey,

that is a good question in a sense.  The problem is that we wanted to pick maps that were Ghost Recon specific.  We wanted to pick maps with open areas instead of maps with walls and enclosures in that case.  If you could be a little more specific to what your issue is with the maps it would be appreciated so that we can get a broader perspective of what you dont like about these maps.  Otherwise it just seems that this is a flame and I dont quite understand where you are going with this unless you are just giving your personal opinion about the maps and wanted to voice that here.  

As for the name change issue of the supposed cartel map.  Well, I did not know that it was in another mappack.  In either event it does not matter because in this case we were using this specific mappack for the DAMN BL and nothing else.  The name we got it under was "traffic" and it was a compilation of 4 maps that were all created into a mappack by the creator.   Mind you again, we are aware that these maps are out in the PC world since that is where they came from.  i did not create them nor do anything but mod them for bettter useage for this mappack and took out all the extra bullshit to make it run smoother. =)

Saberian

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 09:24:35 am »

Well harvey,

that is a good question in a sense.  The problem is that we wanted to pick maps that were Ghost Recon specific.  We wanted to pick maps with open areas instead of maps with walls and enclosures in that case.  If you could be a little more specific to what your issue is with the maps it would be appreciated so that we can get a broader perspective of what you dont like about these maps.  Otherwise it just seems that this is a flame and I dont quite understand where you are going with this unless you are just giving your personal opinion about the maps and wanted to voice that here.  

A FLAME?Huh this is supposed to be about the feedback for the map pack... I have played with the map pack and only found one decent map (IMO) that would be good for cbing...  also i find these maps have some bad fps.. and im on a g5 with a 256mb vid card.. I can only imagine how bad it is for lesser cards. the fps im getting on some maps is down to 30 or less sometimes... once again thats with a 256mb vid card. I just dont think these maps would make for fun cb's. some of them are too wide open (making campers have the upperhand) other just feel way to big. the only map i realy liked was the one that has the small village and one span, the sweet house in the upper right corner and the beach on the lower left.. that maps if cool b/c you have tons of places that you can sneak up on peeps and would make for a good team play map.. the others just dont feel right.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 11:50:17 am »

How do u compare them to the  1 & 2 BL mappacks harvey?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads