*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Opening DAMN Map Pack Command Maps?  (Read 4093 times)
*Mr. T
« on: June 11, 2004, 03:05:59 am »

Hey suckas. Has anyone had any luck opening the DAMN Map Pack Command Maps to edit them? I have the RSB converter and can open the orignal mission maps just fine. However, when I try to open a DAMN maps they convert all bit mappy with a awful pink and green color scheme.

Lemme know. Thanks!
-T
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 03:21:07 am »

hey "sucka"... it all worked fine here. i don't know what your problem is.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 01:02:35 pm »

Same here 'sucka' Wink Sounds a little odd - we've had no problem that i know off with the *DAMN command maps - ask :MoD: Nomad if you see him as he played around with them a fair bit might be able to enlighten you.

Maybe your RSB converter is a little mushed up? What are you trying to open them with afterwards? Photoshop?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*Mr. T
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 06:44:55 pm »

Well... I got the (Mac) RSB converter from :MoD: Nomad. And, yes, I'm using Photoshop to open them. I'll follow up Nomad, but if anyone else has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Here's what I get after converting Downtown. Ugly, right?

:MoD: Nomad

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 09:08:32 pm »

I had the same problem, was able to convert them, but they came out pink, purple, etc ***UGLY***. Unable to find a solution to my problem, I started myself a game and took screen shots of the command map view. I then cropped and resized the maps in photoshop, making sure the sized up with the ugly originals. I then added the grid, map points, etc that I wanted andconverted them back to RSB. Took a while, but looks good. Note, you will need to take a couple screenshots at different spawn points so that you can remove the character position on the map. Hope this helps.

:MoD: Nomad
*Mr. T
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 09:29:46 pm »

I figured it out. It's the stupid Mac converter. I fired up my ancient PC laptop and was able to convert them using the PC plugin and Photoshop 5.0.

I took them back to my Mac, made my tweaks and was able to export them with the Mac converter no problem.

Thanks for your help guys.
*Mr. T
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 12:41:09 am »

Ahhh sneaky Wink Didn't think youd have a horrible beast tucked away you could use instead!

Crikey that reminds me i was meant to do those command maps....  Shocked

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*Mr. T
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 10:42:09 pm »

Arrrrrrrrraaahhhh! This is so frustrating.

I CAN open the DAMN Map Pack maps, but I CAN'T open the originals (ghost town, mbc, stronghold, etc.)! WTF?

Is there anyone out there who's had success with this that's friendly enough to email me the "Mp1" and "Origmiss" command maps converted into PICT format? For your help, I promise to never SK you again and I'll send back to you my reworked maps :-)

I pity myself...
*Mr. T

Here's an example of my reworked Captain's Nest

weedwacker
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 11:14:09 pm »

Hey suckas. Has anyone had any luck opening the DAMN Map Pack Command Maps to edit them? I have the RSB converter and can open the orignal mission maps just fine. However, when I try to open a DAMN maps they convert all bit mappy with a awful pink and green color scheme.

Lemme know. Thanks!
-T

Try GraphicsConverter http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/graphcon.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads