*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:55:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  GhR 1.0.3 Upgrade Tutorial
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR 1.0.3 Upgrade Tutorial  (Read 18047 times)
Noto
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 01:16:43 am »

Can anyone pls help me??? Read my posts!

Sorry Sentinel.  I can't help you on this one.  Try asking .::|N| juGGLa or .::|N| DIESEL.  They know a bit about the inner workings of OSX.

.::|N| Noto
Noto
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2003, 01:29:18 am »

...anyone know how to set up a scroll wheel in OS 9 in ghost recon? I have a wireless microsoft mouse and it works fine in OS 9, but I lose my scroll wheel in ghost recon... So I?m not able to zoom in and out with the wheel, I have to use the buttons. Sad  )  Sad  Huh  Angry

Sentinel,

Even without drivers, most mice will still work on any OS.  Scroll wheels and left click are so common that the OS has that kind of stuff already built in.  You really only need the specific mouse drivers for extra buttons, such as right click, sroll wheel click, thumb click, etc.  I would suggest downloading the most up to date driver possible for your mouse, or download the drivers for a mouse just like it, maybe Logitech instead of Microsoft.  Once you have these drivers, it will be located in your System Preferences application in OSX, or in your extensions manager in OS9 (sometimes you have to drag the extension file into the extension folder for the application to properly work after a reboot).  You can locate theapplication in Control Panel in OS9.  Find me online about your mouse woes and maybe we can find something for you.  As for your router, I have never had a router, and I really have know clue about them whatsoever.

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2003, 05:04:08 am »

Even without drivers, most mice will still work on any OS.  Scroll wheels and left click are so common that the OS has that kind of stuff already built in.  You really only need the specific mouse drivers for extra buttons, such as right click, sroll wheel click, thumb click, etc.  I would suggest downloading the most up to date driver possible for your mouse, or download the drivers for a mouse just like it, maybe Logitech instead of Microsoft.  Once you have these drivers, it will be located in your System Preferences application in OSX, or in your extensions manager in OS9 (sometimes you have to drag the extension file into the extension folder for the application to properly work after a reboot).  You can locate theapplication in Control Panel in OS9.  Find me online about your mouse woes and maybe we can find something for you.  As for your router, I have never had a router, and I really have know clue about them whatsoever.

NOTO i tried the l8test driver software for my logitech mouse and actualy lost the use of some buttons. even after they were set up w/ the driver software.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
th.Sentinel

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2003, 08:35:59 am »

Tnx for the advice Noto, but I've already installed the microsoft drivers (I even got the latest update from the website). So now my scroll wheel works in OS 9, but still doesn't work in Ghost Recon. But I will try your other suggestion:

or download the drivers for a mouse just like it, maybe Logitech instead of Microsoft.

Tnx again, I hope I get this sorted...

And I'm thinking of reformatting my other computer... Maybe the first OS X 10.2.8 update screwed some of my priviliges on my network.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
smoke.aHa!

I'ma take your llama!

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2003, 07:39:50 am »

I know many of you out there are having a problem updating your version of Ghost Recon to 1.0.3.  First off, I highly recommend reinstalling the game from the CD, or .dmg file.

ooo how interesting, so now they sell ghost recon on the net and distribute it in .dmg files. because no sane human would waste his time creating a cd image and  then mounting it everygame, and waste his hd space when he may just use the cd, which is neatly packed in his store boat case and hidden away inbetween his pretty little book shelf, right noto?  Grin

th.Sentinel

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2003, 09:25:20 am »

I know many of you out there are having a problem updating your version of Ghost Recon to 1.0.3.  First off, I highly recommend reinstalling the game from the CD, or .dmg file.

ooo how interesting, so now they sell ghost recon on the net and distribute it in .dmg files. because no sane human would waste his time creating a cd image and  then mounting it everygame, and waste his hd space when he may just use the cd, which is neatly packed in his store boat case and hidden away inbetween his pretty little book shelf, right noto?  Grin

What is the point of your post smoke??? Start another flame war? This discussion is for ppl that have problems with the new gameranger update... If you don't have any then fuck off and go to some other post where you can have fun bitchin of ppl.

And I am probably one of the insane ppl using a disc image, because I have a 120 Gig HD with enough space, because then I'll never forget to put my cd in. And when I have to reinstall ghost recon because I used some kind of bad mod. I don't have to wait for my damn slow dvd-player to read the files. I can use my disc image... Is that so insane??? Hmm, guess not.  Angry

To Noto: I installed every possible driver for my mouse, I even installed a damn shareware program that I can't get rid of. And nothing seems to work. I can't add special buttons to the Ghost Recon application, which is an option in my mouse prefs... I think I'm gonna buy a Logitec this weekend, to solve my probs. And for the OS X part, I'm gonna reformat my HD of my other comp. See if it helps, if it doesn't I'll report back here... or I'll try to talk to one of your guys.

Sent  Grin

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
.::|N|SOC

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2003, 03:36:31 pm »

smoke-

plenty of people back up their cd's as .dmg files. don't assume the worst. cd's get worn out. they are too soft. they scratch, get lost, melt, collect dirt, and generally crap out over time. having a digital back-up is key. and I'm pretty sure the liscensing agreement allows you to make a backup copy.

btw- thanks evill. premium keeps getting better and better. totally worth it.

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
Noto
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2003, 10:21:24 pm »

I'm not sure what you're getting at ?asso?k.  I would much rather play off my .dmg than having to put in the CD every time I want to play GhR.  And yes, it is packed neatly on my pretty little book shelf, along with many other things.  Do you have mp3's on your computer, or do you pop in your original CD's every time you want to listen to music?  

Anyway, I find it much easier to use the .dmg, and for those of you out there who need to reinstall, you might as well make a GhR.dmg backup.  You wouldn't want to have to reinstall and find out your "working" CD of GhR, doesn't.  If you're smart, you would at least make a copy of the CD so that you do not have to use the original.

In closing, I do not appreciate your insinuation that I stole GhR.  You have made similiar accusations towards my questions of compatibility of Panther stating that, "how would you know? panther isn't out yet, or did you find it on some euro website?".  There are currently many people out there who already have Panther.  If you were a beta tester, guess what, you probably got a working copy of Panther from Apple, and I don't mean Juan the janitor.  So in the future, you can pretty much shut it, and no ?asso?k, I cannot help you to try to figure out how GhR can work with OS8.6.  Try updating to OS9 perhaps.  That should solve all your problems... at least with computers.

KGB

what's going on

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2003, 04:01:31 am »

since yesterday I have been experiencing problems with GR.  Everytime I tried to boot up GR, it crashes.  The only thing I can do is throw away the GR prefs and start from scratch.  After I set up GR with my account this run smootly, unless i quit GR and boot it up again- same problem.  I have downloaded GR and tried from there same thing- set it up - works fine- restart GR- crash.
Ghost recon has been updated like it said in the thread a couple of days ago and no trouble there.
Can someone explain plz (don't wanna go thru the whole setting up GR over and over again.

Noto
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2003, 07:23:50 pm »

...Everytime I tried to boot up GR, it crashes.  The only thing I can do is throw away the GR prefs and start from scratch.  After I set up GR with my account this run smootly, unless i quit GR and boot it up again- same problem.  I have downloaded GR and tried from there same thing- set it up - works fine- restart GR- crash...

KGB,

What OS are you running?  Do you locate the GR files in the same place everytime, or do you move it after installation?  Do you meet the system requirements for running GR?  Have you tried to rewrite anything in the GR code?  Are you using outside mods to enhance GR, or interact with it?  Does the GR file say it was modified during the time it was open, or was it last modified when it was created?

Try going through this list, if you haven't already resolved this issue.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2003, 07:48:24 pm »

Hi guys if you still have troubles updating GR read my old tutorial from my Articles section. It is still valid for the latest patch!

How to update Ghost Recon

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2003, 09:22:16 pm »

Ok maybe I should have specified more that I have trouble with Gameranger (GR),
not Ghost recon (Ghr) my mistake sry.
I'm running latest OS 10.2.8.
I have a dual 876 processor.
Troubles started since I installed new versions of quicktime and I tunes.
I have Clean installed Ghost Recon twice already. (following specific steps From Noto (ty))

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2003, 06:40:23 pm »

Go to Utilities in ur applications folder and open disk utility. Then run repair diskpermissions at least 3 times untill you get no errors.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2003, 08:21:21 pm »

I have done it once  already and ran drive 10.
I'll run disc utillities once more (or 3 times)
tnxs

a2daj

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2003, 09:49:08 pm »

The 1.0.3 update is suppose to be able to update a 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 update, so you shouldn't need to install 1.0.2 after a clean install, just 1.0.1 then 1.0.3.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2004, 04:17:34 pm »

Could someone make this sticky?

I just re-installed GhR and spent 5min looking for this thread. It could be usefull for others too.. .

Sorry for the bump.

BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2004, 05:44:35 pm »

Yeah, I started reading through the thread thinking it was brand new and was like "When did this GhR update come out?".

Then I saw that it was from October of last year!  lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Spanke

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 08:50:26 pm »

all these links are dead... i need to find 1.0.1 so i can update to 1.0.3 but i cant fin d it anywhere
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 04:59:19 pm »

Hi Spanke,

it seems Fileplanet deleted all files or is modifying its structure. At all I haven't received a notification by them and I have to get in contact with their tech support. Weird. Well I have uploaded the patch to this server and updated the link to the 1.4 patch(which can be applied directly to the 1.0 version). If you need anything else let me know.

http://www.damnr6.com/macmods/grpatch.shtml

If you have troubles updating this article may help.

Bye,

Mauti
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:37:53 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Spanke

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 07:29:54 am »

thanks alot man
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print