*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:27:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN's 11th - 23rd anniversary (13.6.2000 - )  (Read 7434 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: June 13, 2011, 05:38:25 pm »

Another year has passed and *DAMN celebrates its 11th anniversary. *DAMN was founded on 13th June 2000. Since then lots of things happened, and while the the page has been inactive for now almost 3 years each month still 20 - 30 GB of R6 and GhR mods are downloaded.

Since 1st march I have an exciting job as game designer and web developer at vi Knallgrau - http://www.knallgrau.at. I mainly create Facebook apps and games right now.  I'm with a great team and enjoyed every day since.

Despite my job I'm still thinking what to do with *DAMN: make it a social platform about gaming, just update the design and keep it as a mod archive, or make the *DBL something like a tournament page where everyone can create their own tourneys.

For the moment I keep it as it is. So you might have to live another 8 years with the current design that has gone live on august 2003 ;-)

Thanks to all guys that helped me over the years. I hope you are all fine and as every year thanks for the great memories.

Yours,

Mauti Grin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 10:57:16 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:58:41 pm »

I always find it so crazy to consider how long this community was active. Maybe it's simply because of my casual and sparse participation in some games on the PC side over the last year, but there really doesn't seem to be a community like GameRanger -- let alone a strong subsection of a community like R6/*DAMN.

The fact that R6-seires/GhR and *DAMN are synonymous descriptions of this community speaks to what you (Mauti) and others involved with *DAMN/*DBL accomplished.

Even though the activity here is indicative of how almost all of us are now in a different place in our lives than when we were active in this community, it's always great to see the posts here.

I actually just recently downloaded GameRanger to my iMac and it looks to me like Evill has chipped away at the community aspect. Friendlists more limited? Silver and Gold premium? Chat closed by default? Let's just say that I hope if you choose to try to respawn activity on *DAMN, you don't follow his example of "improvements".  Wink

All the same, it's great to hear you're doing well and still thinking about the *DAMN community. Recently, I've been dual-booting my iMac and after a brief time with Call of Duty Black Ops, I settled on Battlefield Bad Company 2 as my game of choice. Unfortunately, not knowing anyone makes it less fun.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:33:41 pm »

H Myst,

thanks for your post. It's always great to hear from long time *DAMN users, participants and admins like you.

I'm also playing BFBC2 from time to time with *DAMN Elandrion and *DAMN Cyridian. What's your BFBC2 playername. Although BFBC2 is very ping dependent we might meet each other online.

Have a nice day,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:42:59 pm »

Hey Mauti,

For the record, I'm still a total noob in BFBC2. Been playing as 'OpinionJunkie' (there's a story behind that name) and same screen name on Steam if you use it. I actually only really got back into gaming recently because I've been once again tied to a home office desk managing a few news sites. It'll be nice to see some familiar players if our paths cross.

BTW, is it just me or is the BF-series a lot more like the R6-series these days? I love the gameplay in BFBC2.

Best,

Myst

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 11:41:38 pm »

I wouldn't compare BFBC2 with R6. Especially the speed and unlimited respawns make it a complete different game. However it really benefits from teamplay and that's what I love about it. There is nothing like a good engineer, assault and medic combo holding a position.

I also really like the rush modes. However there are really many bugs and since the release of the Vietnam addon all BF stats tracker are much slower and almost impossible to use, which really takes out a lot of fun if you don't know your performance afterwards.

Cya,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:18:59 am »

Oh, I wouldn't say they're as dissimilar as they seem. In modern first person shooters, I think BC2 has a closer feel to Rogue Spear era Tom Clancy than R6 Vegas and followups. I'm not really talking about the dynamics of a match in the game, I'm more talking about the way the game plays.

I really disliked the modern R6 games and CoD games that seemed more arcady.

On the topic of stat trackers. There's often a huge wait to get updated, but bfbcs.com is a good tracker in my books. I just have no clue where there is a "community" around BC2. I guess that's the nature of the beast when you have so many active players.

John Lennon
SEALs Ghost

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 11:31:45 am »

Good to see my account still exists after so long.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 07:36:43 pm »

Whoa Seal Ghost!

Seals, SIX and Wrath the earliest clans *DAMN has played with and against! Nice to see you!

Greetings,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000

I own all

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:09 am »

Hey everyone,

Wow am i surprised to still see that this site is up! i remember being on here back in the days when gameranger was at it prime.

Even more surprisingly, i still have a mod on here too that is being downloaded (i roc weapon sound mod)! lol, it was so funnny to download that mod and see what was in it. i can remember the day i made that mod! lol

if there are still any r6 vets around please reply back!

-(SEALs) i roc

(SEALs) i roc

I own all

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 01:22:01 am »

hahah speaking of vets! and ghost (my clan leader) posted in here too! good to see you all guys! hope all is well with u!

-(SEALs) i roc
gr id#38927

(SEALs) i roc
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 05:01:00 pm »

I settled on Battlefield Bad Company 2 as my game of choice.

I have been known to pop into the odd game of BFBC2 (must confess the trailer for 3 got me rather excited) so we really will all have to try and get together one day and show the kids what it means to actually work as a team!! Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Postal Worker

I'm still a high roller.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 08:09:10 am »

You all have been playing BC2 without me? I am disappoint.

Actually tho, I was playing BC2 a while back with Ultimo (If anybody remembers him...)  Granted, this is all on the 360, but hey it is what it is. If anybody plays on there, hit me up. XBL - PostalWrkr27

Postal Worker
Patterson - RnT

u know what

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 08:40:53 pm »

BFBC2 or BF3, Add me to your Friend List: Absalon-RnT (also on Steam)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 01:33:16 am »

Sweet - a lil bit of BF3 if anyone is on it (PC) - iBFG

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 02:03:08 am »

Hard to believe this place still has a remote semblance of activity.  Lots of old names I haven't seen in forever, hope everyone is doing well in their life post Ghost Recon clan battling.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 10:13:54 pm »

I'm glad that my account is still here. I wouldn't change anything! Love it just the way it has always been!
I'm a UI/UX designer now, so if anything would happen to want to be changed, I can defiantly help.

Anyone play on PS3??
I play lots of BF3, BFBC2 and of course call of duty. After Rogue Spear and the fun I had with it and all the players on GR, i kind of hung up the guns for any Tom Clancy game. Nothing will ever compare to Rogue Spear.

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 08:19:07 am »

omg... it's alive!!!

btw, I'm the only one on DAMN forum who shares it's same birthday!! crap... I'm turning 42 next week wednesday... well... ***sigh***

damn you Cami!!!

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
ViRuS - GeekUSA

email: tenkday@gmail.com

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 11:24:15 pm »

Logging in on a whim just now, its been about 6 years! I wasn't sure if this page even still existed.. lol. Good to see everyone is still alive and kickin
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 03:33:56 pm »

DAMN R6!! Congrats!

RVS FOR LIFE!!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »

Whoop whoop 14th anniversary!!

since 13th June 2000