*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:51:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Macbook To TV
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macbook To TV  (Read 5654 times)
macfan007

« on: January 19, 2007, 11:39:10 pm »

I have a normal Macbook(white) 2.0 Ghz.  Will someone tell me how to get the picture on my mac to the computer, and give me the link to the cable i need to buy?

Thanks!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 11:58:54 pm »

What kind of TV? Do you want a digital signal or an analogue signal?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
macfan007

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 12:05:37 am »

My TV is  a Trinitron Color TV Sony Wega bought in 2002.  I have no idea what kind of signal I want I just want it to appear on the TV, i dont know much about this kind of stuff.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:54:28 am »

Ok we're talking an anologue signal here. the reason i asked is that modern LCD TVs often have a 'DVI input' inwhich case you could plug your laptop and tv stright together for a pure digital connection.

However what you need is a DAC Box - a little box that will convert the Digital signal from your laptop into an alologue signal for your TV - you connect it over firewire and it then gives you a range of anologue connections, most often Composite and S-Video.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 08:58:30 am »

Another option would be to buy the SVHS - DVI Connector available for approximately 20bucks. Then you just need to plug in cinch cables to SVHS connector and audio to cinch for sound. May on top you need a SCART plug, if your TV doesn't support cinch direct input.

Everything together shouldn't be more than 30 - 35 bucks. I use such a setup with my powerbook and works great and should be much cheaper than any converter boxes.

Take a look here: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6524001/wo/uI2iy6alfZhk29eM3mP1dWarqdT/8.0.21.1.0.8.25.7.11.7.3

Or search for Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter in the Apple Store.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:09 am »

Hmm good point Mauti. quick questioin what is a 'cinch' input? i probably know it by another name?

hey, or come to think of it, get an iTV! Wink

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 10:17:31 am »

My TV is  a Trinitron Color TV Sony Wega bought in 2002.  I have no idea what kind of signal I want I just want it to appear on the TV, i dont know much about this kind of stuff.

Here you go, just get this from Apple's website.  All you need to do is use a video cable to plug that into your TV.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 03:55:00 pm »

And for the sound you can buy a little cable called a "mini to Y" cable.

Basically it is a male mini cable like a ear bud or headphone mini jack, tha splits into a Y cable with 2 female RCA L & R audio ends. YOu can then connect that to any stereo RCA cable for audio, into the TV, or if there is a such thing as mini to Y cable with the RCA end being male.  I'm not sure about that.  I don't think its that readily available, I have the first set-up.  Used it to connect my PS2 to my multi input Monitor.  Radio Shack is a great resource for obscure cables and connection.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 12:34:31 pm »

@ BFG: cinch cables are the video - audio_left - audio_right cable you can connect to your front AV. You may know them just as AV - cables of Composite cables!?

At all I meant the same what Pun and Cell posted.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 01:08:17 pm »

Ah yep gotcha - yeah i know them by composite cables Smiley

|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 11:45:23 pm »

Your cheapest bet would be to use mini-DVI to video input, and its great quality.  When I worked at Apple, this is what I always told people to get, since its the cheapest and gives you decent quality.  However, keep in mind, if you are say watching a video QT file that you have on your Mac and expect to have the same quality on your TV, you're in for a disappointment.  The problem is if your TV is too old, if won't show the same quality, however, if you upgrade to a newer TV, say a flat panel, then you'll get great quality.

At which point, you have can also have other options, such as S-Video and more recently some, not all, TVs are coming equipped with a direct DVI input, at which point, all you would need is a mini DVI to large DVI.

hope this helps....

The King of Pistoleros
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads