*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:10:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What movies have you seen recently?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What movies have you seen recently?  (Read 61188 times)
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2006, 02:38:44 pm »

We watched Tristan and Isolde and I didn't like it much, there are so many movies that are identical to this one its getting lame.  Mideval warfare, Irish girl meets Brit (James Franco has a TERRIBLE fake british accent).  The two shouldn't be together because they are from warring nations, blah blah blah.

cO.twist

« Reply #421 on: June 19, 2006, 07:33:35 am »

saw Nacho Libre last night...I thought it was hilarious...you'll like it if you liked stuff like Napoleon Dynamite.  Another movie that i thought was hilarious was Benchwarmers.

Other movies that ive seen recently were:
An American Haunting - absolute shit, dont waste your money.
Failure to Launch - Funny, but not rediculously funny.
Silent Hill - Gay.
The Omen (2006) - Great remake, not corny like 99% of today's horror movies. 
V for Vendetta - pretty good, worth the money.  Unrealistic, but interesting.

Rented movies:
Underworld 2 - Badass, just like the first
Guest Who? - has bernie mac/ashton k.   it was alot funnier than i thought, worth the rent.
Running Scared - Very cool, worth the rent.
The Constant Gardener - Very good, worth watching.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #422 on: June 20, 2006, 07:03:04 am »

My daughter took me to see Cars for Father's Day.  Cute movie and hey, it's made by Pixar so it's gotta be good.[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #423 on: June 24, 2006, 01:08:59 am »

I finally saw "Requiem for a dream".
One of the most disturbing films I have ever seen.
After I saw it I was left with a feeling of sadness, anger, disgust
"Beautifully" made, superb editing, gripping story, excellent acting (even damon Wayans  Shocked), but heavy duty.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #424 on: June 27, 2006, 01:15:26 am »

Just watched it last night KGB.. and i'd have to agree with your summery, pretty f*cked up to be honest. Wasn't wild about some of the editing but as a whole it was certainly some pretty angry sad disgusting depressing twisted madness of a film.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2006, 10:54:11 pm »

Requiem is one of my favs... for some reason people getting way too into heroin always makes for a great film.. Basketball Diaries and Trainspotting are also in my top 10. See those if you havent.

Most recently i saw Game6 which is a movie about a playwright in New York who decides to watch game 6 of the 1986 world series (Red Sox vs. Mets... bill buckner.. through the legs.. mets win.. devestating) instead of going to the premire of his play. Good stuff..

I'm also absolutely PSYCHED to see Superman Returns in iMax 3D.

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
:V: Stripes

« Reply #426 on: June 30, 2006, 02:22:13 pm »

Just watched Saw II.

Damn It rox, good i didn't watch it in the cinema with my gf.. Eating after such a film isn't really what you wan't to do.  Wink

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #427 on: July 03, 2006, 10:10:35 pm »

Empireof the Wolves w/Jean Reno.

requiem is a top fiver...

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #428 on: July 04, 2006, 11:45:10 pm »

Full Metal Jacket..better than i remembered.

The Hills Have Eyes-

yeah, scary if the character in Goonies scared you... Dauber (the giant goofball) from the old TV Show Coach played the big 'monster', if that tells you anything...monster dialog was absolutely horrendous.

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2006, 06:19:29 pm »

We watched The Butterfly Effect and the more my gf and I talked about it after the more we thought about how good it was.  It's not  scary at all and is very interesting.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #430 on: July 12, 2006, 09:18:30 pm »

Apocalyse Now: Redux  - Gets better everytime I see it.  If you haven't watched this movie yet....do yourself a favor.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #431 on: July 12, 2006, 09:41:34 pm »

Pirates of the Carribean II-- good stuff, funnier than the first one..great CGI.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2006, 11:38:29 pm »

Pirates of the Carribean 2[/u]: I actually found the first one to be a bit better.  This one was a little cluttered in my opinion and didn't really follow the first one right on.  I do beleive it was very well made and is good but the first one was great. This is definately not a disappointment. Grin I imagine the third one will be the best of the three judging by the story. 8/10

Click[/u]: A little slow throughout much of the movie, sort of confusing in the middle.  A lot of stuff was added in the middle that really didn't have to be there.  I did like the ending a lot and the beginning was good.  More serious than Happy Gilmore, less serious than 50 First Dates. 6/10

The Island: I bought this movie with no real clue what it was about... it just caught my eye in the store.  The beginning is a little confusing as you're trying to figure it out (in a good way, makes you think as all sci fi movies do).  As the movie goes on the story gets better and the action gets stronger.  With a great story and made very well I give it a 9/10.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 11:43:40 pm by Croosch » Logged

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #433 on: July 16, 2006, 12:42:17 am »

I guarantee you The Island wouldnt have gotten that 9/10 if Scarlett Johansson wasnt in it.

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #434 on: July 20, 2006, 08:40:50 pm »

I also thought Pirates of the Carribean 2 was great, though I think the fight scenes in both movies blow ass.  If you want an example of shit take a look at the scene where the camera is scrolling along sideways as the 3 guys tumble around the waterwheel.

We also watched Date Movie which was okay, it wasn't like nonstop laughter but then again I don't like that kind of humor.

Watched Match Point which was great and also Syriana which I thought was hard to understand.  They tried to do too many things though they did make some really good points along the way.  Though I would reccomend Match Point over Syriana it's a little less intense so to speak, easy watching.

dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2006, 09:59:56 pm »

Superman Returns sucked.

Kevin Spacey is a perfect Luthor tho.

-autriche
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #436 on: July 28, 2006, 11:41:05 pm »

On Monday last I made a pilgrimage to all the GameStops within ten miles of my work to buy cheap DVDs. Then I watched a bunch of them over my weekend.

Murderball - A documentary about Quad[riplegic] Rugby, earlier known as Murderball. This movie kicks seven kinds of ass, I highly recommend it.
     Versus - A Japanese "B" movie. It was very much a live-action anime, and I dug it.
     The Manchurian Candidate - I'd heard the title but knew nothing about it, and I was pleased.
     A Beautiful Mind - As good as I'd heard. How Russell Crowe didn't get a Best Actor nod is beyond me.
     Catch Me If You Can - Damn good movie, and a lot of fun to watch. Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio put in their usual excellent performances. I recommend this one.
     Eiken - An anime OVA that I'd seen in AMV Hell 0 and had to see for myself. It was an hour of pure fanservice and randomness, which is right up my alley.
     Argentosoma, disc 1 - The first five episodes of an anime series I'd heard good things about. The good things were justified.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #437 on: August 10, 2006, 05:04:06 am »

Another not so new movie I just saw... I wasn't intending to watch it and I had absolutley no clue what it was but I saw it in the guide on HBO and decided to watch it.

The Jacket[/u]: This movie is amazing in my opinion.  Adrien Brody does and amazing job and Keira Knightley isn't far off on her performance.  The story is basically of a man who has bad memories of the war in the past (1991 Iraq) where he was shot in the head (the very first scene).  After his recovery he was accused of killing a cop and instead of going to prison he was sent to a hospital where he underwent treatment that allowed him to travel into the future.  He learns things in the future and... well, it's an amazing movie in my opinion.  Go see it if you haven't already. 10/10

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #438 on: August 10, 2006, 05:47:44 am »

Oh yeah TOTALLY forgot this one..thx 4 reminding me crooshlet..
Hope youre feeling better.

GET THE JACKET.
you wont regret it....

10+

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #439 on: August 10, 2006, 07:47:13 am »

I saw the movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a while back.  It was pretty damn good.  It had an odd style to it.  The actors sometimes talk as if they were narrating to the audience their internal monologue, but it added a neat (yes I did just use neat) touch to the movie.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads