*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:52:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  iPhone, Please be true
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iPhone, Please be true  (Read 9728 times)
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« on: August 02, 2006, 05:22:52 pm »

I've been wanting an iphone ever since i saw concepts from some contest about rumors that went flying around about 5+ years ago. But that was just more for good design and application that apple can bring more then anything.

Nowadays I think I want one out of necessity and what apple can possibly bring to the table. Right now my mobile phone is more functional than any ipod, but capacity wise can only compete with the Nano models and below. My mobile can work as my modem (with about 230kbps, pretty damn good) when i am on business travel, organizer, address book, navigator (directions), MP3 and MP4 player (up to 1-2gigs of storage with the extra micro sd card), and camera (eventhough still shitty quality).

Now for all that I payed about $150 for the phone, and $50 for the memory card. Same price as a 2gig nano. I bet you are like, well MP3 and MP4 quality cannot be that good. Actually I think the MP3 quality is better on my mobile (Moto e815) and many others agree. The screen is larger then a nano, just not sure about resolution matchups and plays MP4's just as well.

On top of all of this, my phone is wirelessly accessible for media uploads and downloads to my mac or pc via bluetooth using obex file transfers. Damn Ipod is still corded for everything.

I just hope apple sees the onslaught of products that are currently available that are better, and are truly coming out with something exciting.

Just my rant, let me know what you think. I think the possibility of the phone is pretty good, and I think the regular Ipods will go the PMP route with more features for video functionality as well as built in recording.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:41:36 pm »

I have been waiting for what feels like years now for the much rumored and anticipated suggested iphone from apple, but i must admit with recent reports im really starting to believe that not only does it in some shape or form exist, but that its nearing its red carpet moment! ... admitedly partly because my current mobile is just about knackered and id love to replace it with an apple phone, but also because it really feels like if its much much longer before apple step in then it will be kinda too late.

hoping and praying, come on iphone

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 06:30:21 am »

Link to what could be a prototype....

I'm not blown away by the designs.....

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
juggler

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 07:25:24 am »

****crosses fingers for iphone at wwdc...
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 11:57:43 pm »

tsss. and i just got a new cell.. Doesn't matter though, if i'm gonna get an iPhone it's gonna be a second gen.

And I wonder if Apple is going to start cutting down on support for other cellphones? if they were to make one that is.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 03:05:12 am »

What other cellphones does Apple support? Surely you don't mean the ROKR or RAZR disasters. I wasn't aware those were accepted by most people.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 12:04:47 pm »

apparently the RAZRv3i fixed a lot of the problems from the original RAZR...

not sure what else

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 01:21:43 pm »

What other cellphones does Apple support? Surely you don't mean the ROKR or RAZR disasters. I wasn't aware those were accepted by most people.

I'm mostly refering to the phones supported by iSync.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 06:22:22 pm »

If it did, some open source project would start and it would be fixed within 2 weeks.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 07:09:52 pm »

Its all specualtion now, but I am more on the border wether this may be true or not, b/c if you think about it then apple will have to be responsible for also repairs for those that will encounter any.  And I don't see Apple doing this, however, we don't know if Apple will make a contract with whomever their cell provider will be, and make it so that "they" will cater to the troubleshooting.  Its just alot of work Apple will now have to be responsible for....on the other hand, I would like them to come out with one, not just for personal reasons, but also b/c stock will no doubt go up Smiley!!!

The King of Pistoleros
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 09:02:43 pm »

If it did, some open source project would start and it would be fixed within 2 weeks.

You could say that this in infact alredy in the works. I have to use a plug-in for iSync so it will sync with my Sony Ericsson K800i, where Apple doesn't support it "out-of-the-box". Although, it might happened that they will support it in the next version of 10.4.

~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 09:14:43 am »

I quote  David Richards:
"
iPods

iPod Phone Confirmed

Insiders at Taiwanese phone maker BenQ say that Apple procurement executives have been talking to various Taiwanese phone makers during the past few months in an effort to cut a manufacturing deal on an iPod Phone

They say that Apple will launch an iPod with phone functions within the next few months.  "An iPod phone is definitely coming. BenQ will not be making it as we are in competition with Apple however several of our suppliers have been approached to manufacture parts. Among manufacturers in Taiwan it is common knowledge. The issue for many is the availabilty of parts if the phone takes off" said the BenQ executive.

Taiwanese electronics manufacturer Hon Hai Precision to tipped build the device, says Johnny Chan, a J.P. Morgan analyst based in Hong Kong.  "Apple still hasn't decided whether to give the contract for what's being referred to as an ‘iPhone' to Hon Hai or to another manufacturer, says Ellen Tseng, a Morgan Stanley analyst in Taipei. One analyst in Taipei who declined to be identified said Taiwan Green Point Enterprises, which makes plastic cases for the iPod, is in talks with Apple for a role in the phone."

Bill Shope of J.P Morgan believes Apple will introduce the phone by the fourth quarter of this year. Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster told clients last week that he estimates there to be a 75% chance that we'll seen an iPhone in the next 12 months.

Analysts believe that if Apple does come out with a music-playing cell phone, it will likely have the biggest impact on Motorola, the leading cell phone maker in the U.S. "Even a modest showing for an Apple multimedia cellphone could put a dent in Motorola's profits," Barron's says. "If Apple were to grab just 1% of the 900 million phones expected to be sold world...."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:17:02 am by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 09:26:26 am »

lol damn those mockups are just so bad, so really really bad. the one on the right you can actually see where the screen was cut and pasted... as for the white on on the left... oh gawwwd

~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 09:56:05 am »

Link to what could be a prototype....

I'm not blown away by the designs.....

Yeah BFG... They r prototypes based on these patents.... There's nothing real yet... to my knowledge.... although there's word some have the real gadgets and are testing them....

Here's a whole bunch of MOCK Images of the phone... some cool designs here....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:10:03 am by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 04:36:15 pm »

i like these.... http://applele.com/pict_06iphone_060801.html

*Lob

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 07:32:10 pm »

More rumors came out today.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060811110535.shtml
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 09:40:01 pm »

Link to source: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1959

John Lennon
BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 11:12:23 pm »

i hope half of that article is wrong myst, but good to know they may really come out with one.

Yikes, apple reselling wireless services, hahaha, what a crock of shit. That would just really f things up.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 05:18:19 pm »

Holy shit those are some nice mockups!

BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 08:10:36 pm »

Sweet sweet specs  clapping hands

so this was worth the wait me thinks, has extra functionality than I could of ever expected, and the price point is within reason.  Now to see what the Cingular data packages cost on top of regular phone service.

hawt

www.rmgraphix.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads