*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:01:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Sync Software
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sync Software  (Read 5836 times)
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« on: July 25, 2006, 06:24:24 pm »

I have finally broken down and decided I need some type of sync software for my portable drives. Anyone have recommendations, I know there are tons of shareware, freeware and general crapware out there, but can anyone send in the right direction of something that works reliably without much hassle?

sanka joo in advance

oh no .mac bs either, i need a standalone software solution.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:30:51 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
WeedWacker

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 04:21:34 am »

I used NowSynchronize and it was nice but the parent company never updated it and I'd avoid that now.  What I do use to keep my thumb drive updated is ChonoSync which is pretty sweet (http://www.econtechnologies.com/site/Pages/ChronoSync/chrono_overview.html)

Another option I use is a combination of Macaroni, Anacron, and PSync but that's only if you're comfortable with the command line.

And yet another program I bought is DejaVu which is essentially a PSync and Anacron front end.  It's nice as well and may be found at http://propagandaprod.com/

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 12:40:40 am »

as a backup app/utility i can strongly recommend DejaVu but im not sure if its what your really looking for.

You don't actually need .mac to take advantage of isync etc, what exactly is it you want to sync??

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 01:31:06 am »

well, if you're looking for a simple app to back stuff up use BackUp from .Mac.  Its a great little app, but the best part is, that for $99 CND (if you buy a mac) you get all those other great features, including the default 1 GB of virtual HD space, which that alone if you have to go and buy as a USB memory key will cost you way more than $99, so why not get that.

Now, if you are attempting to back important, sensitive info then I very much recommend buying ChronoSync, its amazingly easy and simple, not like the head banging against the wall backup app called Retrospect.

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 02:05:21 am »

chronosync looks like the answer.

basically when i work on multipage layouts with tons of linked images and shit, in addition to going to client sites for edits, changes and input, I needed to make sure all the info on my portable matched my comp at home. Then I also leave copies on clients local machines if I drop by in person instead of mailing dvd's cd's or w/e. Same goes for web crap. Basically too many files to remember what happened where and dragging over huge folders and overwriting has led to more disasters then anything.

So, just need simples syncs of files across my portable and a few hd's.

that you all for input.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads