*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:44:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Boot Camp Help
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boot Camp Help  (Read 7068 times)
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« on: July 20, 2006, 02:46:21 am »

So, I got a copy of Windows XP, an intel mac, and bootcamp. I am following bootcamp's instuctions to the letter, but it cannot recognize the cd and frequently ejects it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 02:59:36 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 03:53:07 am »

I shall now expend all of my Boot Camp knowledge: is the XP disc Service Pack 2? If it isn't, Boot Camp won't like it. There is a method called "slipstreaming" which allows you to add the SP2 patch directly to the disc. Google it and you'll find instructions.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 03:59:00 am »

No, its got service pack 2.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 04:12:21 am »

Is it a real retail version? Of course also check it in a real PC to make sure the disc isn't screwed.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 04:33:33 am »

Yes, real retail version and yes I will soon be testing it.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 04:40:17 am »

Yes, real retail version and yes I will soon be testing it.

Bah!  Who needs Windows XP on a Mac!  It's a disgusting trend and I shall not be a party to it!  This is the end of the world as I know it...

As for the topic, I've had similar trouble installing new Windows versions on an ACTUAL PC, so nothing new there...probably just a bad disc.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:45:20 am »

I have heard of many troubles of people trying to install windows xp on their Macs with bootcamp.  I cannot say I was one of them.  Worked like a charm first try, and have had not one problem wih it since.  I did install Norton internet security. If you plan on using Windows on your Mac, I would highly recommend it. I feel like a traitor....but I like the fact that I can play Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on my Mac.  To me...this is the only thing Windows is good for.  If it comes to Mac OS...>GS I will send you a photo sequence of me dropping a hammer on my Windows CD.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 05:17:53 am »

I bet its a bad disk, I hate it too GS, but I need some programs for operations I am carrying out in Russia, a land where mac support is very sadly lacking in many ways.

Plus, there aren't any more good flight sims for mac other than warbirds, and that costs a good amount of cash per month. If you go on it, I'll pay though. Cant wait to dogfight your ass.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:32 am »

I bet its a bad disk, I hate it too GS, but I need some programs for operations I am carrying out in Russia, a land where mac support is very sadly lacking in many ways.

Yeah, I feel like I live in Siberia sometimes myself...nearest Apple Store is 400 miles away!

Plus, there aren't any more good flight sims for mac other than warbirds, and that costs a good amount of cash per month. If you go on it, I'll pay though. Cant wait to dogfight your ass.

Although my flying proficiency isn't what it used to be, I'm quite sure that the 3rd Generation pilot in me will fly circles around any drunken Russian!  Smiley

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 08:15:42 am »

Theres X-plane, a non fighting sim. The scenery all together is about 30 gb.
Although you can get the demo for free. And well, yeah, and you don't neded to buy the scenery.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 02:02:18 pm »

Although you can get the demo for free. And well, yeah, and you don't neded to buy the scenery.

I have the newest version of X-Plane and it is probably the most realistic flight simulator available.  I just wish I could blow shit up in it!  Which is why I can only give it say, 4 out of 5 stars.  Sad

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 09:56:59 pm »

I have the newest version of X-Plane and it is probably the most realistic flight simulator available.  I just wish I could blow shit up in it!  Which is why I can only give it say, 4 out of 5 stars.  Sad

Actually, apparently you can use weapons on the fighter planes, just I haven't figured out how you do it.

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 10:05:57 pm »

I would pwn all you silly bitches at falcon4..

And i would bleed off all your "E" and run you down like rabbits into the dirt with my immelman turns and deadly split S's in Warbirds..

Grin

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 11:37:11 pm »

if you are on warbirds, you need to forward me your addy.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 06:21:39 am »

Heres where I agree with Ghostsniper and will never get a Mac to run Windows...watch the end closely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwHMIxdDdu8&mode=related&search=

OSX..nothing beats it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:26:00 am by Macuber » Logged

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 08:16:42 pm »

I would have done it with the Mac jackass commercial when he speaks of running windows -- that ad implies that Intel is responsible. I say that as funny as it is watching Vista get delayed, it will be funnier to hear the critical responses once it's released. I predict outrage from developers, general public, and every-columist-except-dvorak.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
th.Sentinel

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 10:50:38 pm »

If you don't need to play games on it, you can just install Parallels.
It works like a charm, it runs at normal speed and you can move your mouse in and outside the screen without delay, when in windowed mode. I need to use windows for work cause we use activeX apps that don't run on a Mac... I didn't want to work on a PC, so they gave me a 1,6Ghz Intel Mini with 2 Ghz RAM.  Grin

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 04:18:58 am »

If you don't need to play games on it, you can just install Parallels.
It works like a charm, it runs at normal speed and you can move your mouse in and outside the screen without delay, when in windowed mode. I need to use windows for work cause we use activeX apps that don't run on a Mac... I didn't want to work on a PC, so they gave me a 1,6Ghz Intel Mini with 2 Ghz RAM.  Grin

Agree with you Sentinel on Parallels. Not everyone runs XP and I've seen on one of our Demo Intel Macs this is running on. Very nicely.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Kapiti

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 08:32:44 am »

Otherwise, you could try download Darwine. It allows you to use windows program on mac.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads