*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:38:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Experience with Rosetta?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Experience with Rosetta?  (Read 13773 times)
GeeThaX

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 01:18:15 pm »

Yo guys ive got an intel imac now Cool
But ive got still a question Roll Eyes:
Where can I download Rosetta? I cant find it.

Greetings, Gee

20" Intel iMac 2GHz Core Duo
GeeThaX

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 02:20:06 pm »

Lol, sry i havent read the imac user guide  Roll Eyes
But one thing i can say: UT without an universalpatch is damn lagy!

Greetings, Gee

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 05:17:32 pm »

UT2k4 has one.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
WeedWacker

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 02:38:39 am »

Yo guys ive got an intel imac now Cool
But ive got still a question Roll Eyes:
Where can I download Rosetta? I cant find it.

Greetings, Gee

Rosetta is part of the OS.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 03:04:03 am »

He already realized "foo".

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
GeeThaX

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2006, 05:33:46 pm »

Yo, ive played RvS on my new intel imac (2GHz duo, rosetta) and it runs slowlier than on my old 2,1GHz imac. For onlinegaming its unplayable. Does someone knows whether someone is workin' on an universal patch for it?

Greetings, Gee
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 05:35:42 pm by GeeThaX » Logged

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 07:17:02 pm »

Email Aspyr;

Look for the email on www.aspyr.com

John Lennon
GeeThaX

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 09:46:07 am »

I've got a big problem.
I downloaded the Bootcamp Assistent and I've updated my firmware.
But now it says that I've to update my firmware despite the fact that
I've already done it  wallbashing - what should I do, now? Is Bootcamp the only app
which can install Windows on Macs?

Gee

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 03:38:52 pm »

The only way they won't risk voiding warranty; why don't you just contact Apple and call it a day.

John Lennon
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 03:34:15 pm »

I was just going to test the difference between the UB version of Quake 3 and the Rosetta version but I can't get FPS to display, arrgh.

I keep typing: /cg_drawfps 1   and maybe thats my problem . .

WeedWacker

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2006, 02:09:58 am »

Got my 2.66GHz Quad Intel Xeon Mac Pro a couple days ago and it runs GhR very nicely in Rosetta.  I have settings mostly cranked and (playing 60 enemy coop) I get 60fps most of the time.  It does occassionally drop to 40 fps but much better than my 400MHz G4 Smiley  Quake IV (a universal binary game) runs at sickening FPS at max settings...

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
pairof9s

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 01:35:37 am »

Got my 2.66GHz Quad Intel Xeon Mac Pro a couple days ago and it runs GhR very nicely in Rosetta.  I have settings mostly cranked and (playing 60 enemy coop) I get 60fps most of the time.  It does occassionally drop to 40 fps but much better than my 400MHz G4 Smiley  Quake IV (a universal binary game) runs at sickening FPS at max settings...

Have you or anybody else tried running Island Thunder on your Intel Mac?

I have successfully installed it on my MacBook Pro 2.16 and it runs fairly well. The biggest disappointment is that certain missions/scenes will not run. As soon as the mission begins to start (after the mission loading screen), it crashes GhR to the Finder (which launches the "Do you wish to Re-open the program..."). Other missions work fine, and it makes no difference if the mission comes from the original, Desert Storm or Island Thunder. IT's Prison is the one I like most but it crashes continuously despite changing settings and Macs (tried on a Mac mini).

Anyone else have stories about using GhR, especially Island Thunder, on their new shiny Intel Macs?

/
WeedWacker

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 04:58:50 am »

The biggest disappointment is that certain missions/scenes will not run. As soon as the mission begins to start (after the mission loading screen), it crashes GhR to the Finder ...

Anyone else have stories about using GhR, especially Island Thunder, on their new shiny Intel Macs?

What missions cause you to crash?  I'll check 'em out.

pairof9s

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 08:12:01 pm »

The biggest disappointment is that certain missions/scenes will not run. As soon as the mission begins to start (after the mission loading screen), it crashes GhR to the Finder ...

What missions cause you to crash?  I'll check 'em out.

Prison in Island Thunder.   TIA!
[a] ferret

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2007, 09:17:51 am »

Wow.. i missed this one.. sorry for the bump,

You need to install the DBL Island Thunder patch for some of that video content to work properly on any mac.. basically its a video codec for quicktime. If your still having problems, copy and paste the contents of your ike.log file after the crash and post them here. I'm sure some of us ghr guys can point out any errors.

pairof9s

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 08:57:03 pm »

You need to install the DBL Island Thunder patch for some of that video content to work properly on any mac.. basically its a video codec for quicktime. If your still having problems, copy and paste the contents of your ike.log file after the crash and post them here. I'm sure some of us ghr guys can point out any errors.

Thanks! I needed just do a a complete reinstall & conversion of Thunbder Island; obviously some of my previous files were corrupt or missing. But your suggestion got me started down that option. Appreciated!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads