*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:57:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR DAMN BL Poll  (Read 10899 times)
WeedWacker

« on: April 09, 2006, 03:09:33 pm »

Let the people who play the game decide it's fate...

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
[a] LYNX

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 03:19:09 pm »

we had that discussion this year already but, w/e.

[a] LYNX
WeedWacker

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 04:40:27 pm »

A decision made a year ago should be readdressed by the current community.  It seems that there is still discontent with the current system and in the ambivalence of the DAMB BL Staff. 

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 06:44:55 pm »

I don't think theres any ambivalence with the DBL Staff at the moment , i've not been aware of people being unhappy with the current set up (certainly nothing has been said on the forums for a long long time)  and when this kind of topic has been raised in the past the overall majority of the community has been dead set against alterations to the GL or sensors kits.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 07:04:53 pm by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Tin

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 06:45:58 pm »

I think slowing the GL fire rate down would be great.
But still, the gl would overrule frags. That's why I suggest to increase the number of frags to like 10 as well.
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 06:55:13 am »

This is a game, if your looking for realism go join the army.  You might as well go back and fix the accuracy, zoom and rate of fire on every gun if you want realism.

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:57:30 pm »

Or play America's Army. Grin

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 09:12:52 pm »

Or play America's Army. Grin

woooooooo yea!

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
WeedWacker

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 09:40:08 pm »

This is a game, if your looking for realism go join the army.  You might as well go back and fix the accuracy, zoom and rate of fire on every gun if you want realism.
It's not about realism, per se, it's about balancing the various weapons.  I don't think you'll find anyone (except yourself) who doesn't think the OICW GL has an unfair advantage on some maps.  On top of that, the GL contributes an enormous amount of lag.  I forgot to mention that spawn kills are BS also.

dr.evil

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 11:07:49 pm »

how can a weapon be unfair if everyone is able to pick it? if you think you get an advantage with GL then why dont you just pick it?
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 11:30:40 pm »

Exactly, and hand grenades don't have a better advantage than the GL?  Hand grenades you can toss over walls on any map and kill someone, just depends on wether your good at it or suck ass.

P.S.  It's not our fault that people have gotten good at using the GL, we shouldn't have to dumb it down for the noobs.

Fridge!

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:39:09 am »

P.S.  It's not our fault that people have gotten good at using the GL, we shouldn't have to dumb it down for the noobs.

If the problem is that people have gotten too good at the GL, then slowing the rate of fire wouldn't matter, as they wouldn't need to spam to hit their targets.  If you're really good at the GL, you don't need the high rate of fire.  The only thing that the high rate of fire facilitates is one's inaccuracy with the grenade launcher.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Fridge!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 02:40:30 am »

who said it had anything to do with realism?.. other than you that is.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 04:07:24 am »

Is it our fault that you can't find a better way to defend a grenade launcher?  Yea lets reduce the rate of fire so the people that can't figure out how to defend it at least have a better chance.  Let's completely change the game so its nothing like the game the creators intended it to be, and hell why not give the pistol a zoom so when I take a sniper rifle I have a fair chance against a rifle.

The rate of fire on the SA80 is too low, we should make that a little higher, and their should be a fully automatic sniper rifle, with a 3 round burst and low stabilization time, that way people that take sniper rifles have a better chance against those with rifles.  The MG3 should have a lower rate of fire so people aren't bitching about lag, and maybe give it a good zoom just for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 04:26:49 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Fridge!

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 04:36:34 am »

Is it our fault that you can't find a better way to defend a grenade launcher?  Yea lets reduce the rate of fire so the people that can't figure out how to defend it at least have a better chance.

Lol, dude, it has nothing to do with defending a grenade launcher, if you put yourself in a position where you are vulnerable to the grenade launcher, then you are vulnerable to the grenade launcher no matter what the rate of fire is on it.  It only takes one grenade to kill somebody.  It simply means that a person can't just spam a shitload of grenades to compensate for their own innacuracy with the grenade launcher.  If that person is going to make a kill with a gl that has a lower rate of fire, they have to be accurate with it.  That is all it affects.

Let's completely change the game so its nothing like the game the creators intended it to be, and hell why not give the pistol a zoom so when I take a sniper rifle I have a fair chance against a rifle.

Punisher, it has nothing to do with changing the game from what the game makers wanted it to be that you are taking objection to.  If that was the case, then you wouldn't be a strong advocate of warzone which, as it doesn't take any considerable measure of intelligence to comprehend, changes Ghost Recon in a much more drastic fashion than what lowering the rate of fire on the grenade launcher would do.

P.S: The rate of fire on the SA80 is too low, we should make that a little higher, and their should be a fully automatic sniper rifle, with a 3 round burst and low stabilization time, that way people that take sniper rifles have a better chance against those with rifles.

There is a difference Punisher, there is not a significant body of people who are displeased with the rate of fire on the SA80, nor the current array of sniper rifles.  Nobody feels that they have a significant adverse affect upon GHR gameplay.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 08:55:44 am »

Call me crazy but, I would much rather launch six nades into somebodies face than just one... leave the game be.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Fridge!

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 07:00:48 pm »

Call me crazy but, I would much rather launch six nades into somebodies face than just one... leave the game be.

Waste of a post, no points made or developed whatsoever apart from, I like to spam.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 07:29:39 pm »

Waste of a post, no points made or developed whatsoever apart from, I like to spam.
Nice waste of a post, posting information telling someone else that their post is a waste of a post!

Looks like leaving the *DBL the way it is has gotten the most votes, thus eliminating any further conversation to change it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:31:23 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Fridge!

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 09:11:10 pm »

Nice waste of a post, posting information telling someone else that their post is a waste of a post!

Looks like leaving the *DBL the way it is has gotten the most votes, thus eliminating any further conversation to change it.

No, because my posting that someone else's post is wasted prevents them from introducing such useless crap into a logical discussion in the future.  Your posts btw, have almost all been such.  I've logically shut down every single point you tried to advance thus far, as displayed through your inability to counter-argue any of my rebuttals.  That's great the people have voted against change, by a current margin of 12-10, yet nobody has been able to forward a logical reason to counter the proposition for change, what does that indicate?... that the people voting against it are the people on here like cO.luna who have nothing constructive to say apart from, I like nade spamming.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:21:37 pm by Fridge! » Logged

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 10:32:38 pm »

I honestly haven't heard of any complaints about *DBL Warzone until you came along.
You can bitch, complain or do whatever you want, the fact of the matter is that *DBL Warzone isn't going to change just because a few people think it should, your wasting your time.  Same goes for slowing the GL.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:36:27 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads